The Ecoefficiency Group is proud to be celebrating 20 years in the field of Business Sustainability and Resource Efficiency and we have taken the time to reflect on the large body of work we have completed to assist industries and organisations to become more sustainable.
Directors Nicole Price and Penny Prasad commenced in the field in 2000 under the banner of the UNEP Working Group for Cleaner Production, originally located at The University of Queensland. Director, Jane Gaffel, joined the group in 2007.
In 2013, we established The Ecoefficiency Group and began practising as an independent consulting firm. We’ve had the pleasure to work on some challenging and inspiring projects over the years – all with the common thread of helping organisations reduce their environmental impacts and be more sustainable.
We’ve had the opportunity to work with industry sectors including
- food processing,
- hospitality and tourism,
- health care,
- higher education,
- all levels of government and
- community groups.
Our clients include the
- United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO),
- Dairy Australia,
- Australian Meat Processing Corporation,
- NSW EPA,
- Queensland Department of State Development,
- Brisbane City Council,
- Sunshine Coast Council,
- The University of Queensland,
- Queensland University of Technology and
- the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland.
Our work has ranged from workshops and development of training resources to complex excel-based tools and cost-benefit analysis of new technologies. We have worked directly with over 500 companies from all industry sectors to help them identify ecoefficiency opportunities within their workplace and we have had the pleasure of helping a broad spectrum of organisations make real improvements and save thousands of dollars in the process.
Some of our project highlights include:
- Being a member of the Clean Growth Choices Consortium developing transition roadmaps for six regions in Queensland. See www.cleangrowthchoices.org.au
- Ecoefficiency manuals and resources for the dairy manufacturing, food processing, red meat processing, marine and boatbuilders and general manufacturing industries.
- Wastewater and biogas training videos for the meat processing industry
- Guidelines for water recycling and stormwater use within the meat processing industry
- Case studies on Advanced Manufacturing and Clean Technology
- Sustainability reports for the Dairy Processing industry
- Greening pathways for the Fruit and Vegetable Value Chain and the Red Meat Value Chain on behalf of the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation
- Measurement and Verification of energy projects for Uniting Care Queensland
- Level 2 energy audits for 5 foundries
- Energy audit and energy network assessment for social housing
- Carbon footprint for the dairy industry
- Carbon accounting tool for the tourism industry
- Report on the State of Sustainable Advanced Manufacturing Industry in Queensland
- Green Office and Green Lab training for The University of Queensland for the past 11 years
Over 20 years we’ve seen the discussion and action on business sustainability evolve from being something that generally only leading or large organisations engaged in through to being an imperative that businesses of all sizes can simply not ignore. We have been there supporting these industry groups and organisations to make positive changes and promote the benefits of what is now known as a circular economy. As we look forward to the next decade, we’re excited by the opportunities available to make a real impact on how organisations conduct their day to day business.
This year we will release our first on-line Business Sustainability Assessment Tool (BSAT) as well as a series of on-line Business Sustainability Modules packed with ideas and resources to help business improve. We also have available a Business Carbon Footprint Tool which calculates Scope 1, 2 and 3 carbon emissions.
Come and talk to us! We would love to help you and your business on your sustainability journey.